Thursday, October 23, 2008

Gifts! And I Keep On Giving!

Today I received an e-mail from our PA office. Someone there is taking up a collection for a housewarming gift for someone in our CO office. Are you serious? This is a new one for me! Housewarming gift? And in another office? What do I get out of this? No cocktail! No pigs in the blanket! It made me start thinking about all the bridal shower gifts, all the baby gifts, wedding gifts I have doled out throughout the years. I am 45, single and there are no pitter pattering of feet running around my studio apartment! Ya, know, I could use some nice china or a lime green Kitchenaid mixer! For my 50th birthday I have decided to throw myself a big bash and register at Pottery Barn, William Sonoma and Taboo Toys! It is about time I start collecting what is due to me.That housewarming gift? I think I will pass! I just changed cubicles in the office - maybe someone should send me a gift! Uffa!

No comments: