Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Why so Horny?

The other night on my way to water aerobics I stopped off for some things; one of them milk (only half gallon!). It is a very busy parking lot; my car was snuggled between two massive SUVs. As I eased my little mid-size out some old geezer sat on his horn as he zoomed behind me, almost taking off my already jacked up rear end. Now I know the reflexes get a little slow as you age, but do the common courtesies have to go too? The car behind him stopped and let me out. Thank you kind stranger!
Then again, today, I was getting on a parkway with three merges; two, including mine, had a Yield sign. After I obeyed my yield, this nut job, with the other Yield (he ignored it), comes riding up my bumper with his horn blaring like it was mating season in the auto world. What is wrong with people? What is all this aggression? Horns were created to avoid accidents; not to let people know you are in the world.
As I exited the parking lot the other night, I followed the old dude out; we were heading in the same direction. He slowed down to make a left turn and I eased past on his right. I couldn’t resist giving him a loud blast of my horn as I went by, letting him know I knew he was in the world.
Uffa!

No comments: